Great Girls on the Mountain
So what do you do 'up the mountain' if you don't ski? I have found myself in the food hall most mornings blogging, checking emails, face booking, sewing and reading. On quiet days I've had my head in a novel. Other days I've had people come 'visit' with me and share where they are from and their skiing adventures.
One little girl, Sierra, stole my heart. Her family had come into the hall for lunch and seemed quite weary. Sierra, on the other hand, was a live wire. She chatted about her Christmas gifts, her pets and what she wanted to be when she grows up. She became so friendly with me that by the end of their lunch break she was sitting comfortably on my knee telling me which coloured 'yarn' to use for my sewing piece. She also suggested I get some skiing lessons so I could go out and ski with my family. 'Was this a little angel's prompting?', I briefly asked myself. 'Nah'. Even if I did have some lessons I would never keep up with my amazingly talented family zipping down the hills.
Instead I have been happy to remain indoors with a hot drink in hand. The 'Girl's in the food hall have spoilt us; always serving up the most delicious drinks- whether it be a flat white, tea, latte, hot chocolate, apple & caramel macchiato or even a london fog.
| One of our friendly 'baristas', Terri |
It's been great to spend some time with the 'girls' during the quiet times. Most are Australian and it's nice to sit and chat and hear where they are from and how they are going on their working holiday here in Canada. Neale had a D&M with one great girl from Perth and now she's even following our travels on the blog!
| In the food hall with friend Annie |
Today is the last day up the mountain. We won't miss the early mornings to get up here but we will miss the most spectacular views and long runs which are just unheard of in Australia.
Our White Christmas is nearly over.
Tomorrow we will begin our second adventure as we head down to the States.
No comments:
Post a Comment