Monday, December 17, 2012

Snowy Day Highlights

Friday I waited all day for the fam to come down from the mountain so we could go to my first 'Ice hockey' game.  Loved it!  I love the whole atmosphere of live sport.  Brought back fond memories of going to the Basketball with my dad.

We ate way too many donuts, listened to real music i.e. Guns n Roses and Rise Against and cheered our way through the game.  


Saturday we went to a 'Celtic Christmas Carol' event at one of churches in Vernon.  Darlene had a friend in the choir.  Initially Hayley was a little put out as we were almost the only ones there without snow white hair.  But in between carol singing a Violinist (Fiddler) played some Celtic folksy tunes which Hayley enjoyed.  
She particular liked her outfit and has her eyes now peeled for a pink top hat!

For Mum- strangely they have the same church pot plants as your church!

In the evening, as we were babysitting a neighbour's dog, Neale and I took him for a walk in the snow. It was a romantic, snowy evening and the lights glistened across the neighbourhood.
Sunday's highlight was going snowshoeing with some of Bob & Darlene's friends up in the hills.  Aidan and Hayley wanted to stop and take photos of every snow laden tree and the dogs who kept burring their faces in the snow.  I'm glad we've brought them up to 'stop and smell the roses' but it made for a long walk around the hill.

Sunday evening we had our tickets to go and see 'The Hobbit'.  I had Aidan chatting to me through the entire movie on one side and Hayley chatting to me on the other.  They were so excitable and sang all the songs and told me all the little behind the scenes details of the show.  Needless to say, it was very enjoyable for everyone.

Today we are back up the mountain.  The kids are have a skiing lesson to get some technique happening.  I am enjoying the warmth of the hall and a nice cup of tea!

So the that's the highlights for the last few days. Will post again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment